Puff it, Poof it – Pompadour it!
Whether you call it the Duff Puff or a Snooki Poof it is a hairstyle that has been trending for years and works best with medium to long hair. We at Onaré,Top Hair Salon in Mississauga thought we would help with some tips on how this fabulous bump on your head is designed and how to get it to stay.
Duff Puff Snooki Poof
After your hair is washed (using Saijojo True shampoo and conditioner), blowdried and straightened…
1. To start you will want to separate your hair by taking the section of your hair directly behind your forehead and hold it straight up in the air.
2. Now use Saijojo “BIG TEASE” for texture and hold at the roots. If your hair is very fine you will want to tease that portion of hair with a comb as well.
3. Use Onaré “ANYTHING YOU WANT” hairspray on your roots.
4. Next, you will want to create your Puff or Poof. Take your section of hair, pinch it just above the centre and pull it down towards your head while pushing your hair slightly forward and up until you have a bump at the height you like.
5. Apply about three bobby pins over the section of hair behind your Puff/Poof to ﬁrmly hold it in place.
6. Done. Now it’s up to you, if you’d like the rest of your hair to stay down or be pulled back into a ponytail. This will depend on your outﬁt, where your going and which style you prefer.
Today’s style of the Puff/Poof has been taken to the next level with the popular hairstyle called The Pompadour which was created back in the 1950s and can be styled in various chic looks for women and also styles well with short hair and can even look great on men.
Generally, this style is shaved on both sides or hair is combed tightly to the head to give the impression to look shaved, and the hair is teased on top. It can be taken to acute looks and be designed in a “Faux-Hawk” which is a fake Mohawk. Many celebrities including Miley Cyrus, Pink and Ruby Rose pull this hairstyle off well and we think you can too.
Written by: Krystal Saunders