Reopening Plan for Onare Salon
To our patient customers,
We know that this is a trying time and we hope that everyone has been safe at home. We at Onaré Salon thank you for your patience and are ecstatically waiting for the Minister of Health Canada to allow salons to be up and running.
Onaré salon will follow all rules and precautions set by Health Canada (province’s chief medical officer of health.) so that everyone can have a safe and enjoyable experience.
OUR SALON COORDINATORS WILL THEN BE CONTACTING CLIENTS DIRECTLY TO SCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS IN PRIORITY.For those who could not come in for their appointment due to the unexpected circumstances don’t worry, you will be at the top of the list when we reopen.
- We will be booking guests in the order of cancellation through the March 16 to the proposed reopen date. Please allow us the time to do so.
- If you had an appointment that was cancelled during the March 16 to the proposed reopen date, our guest services team will be in touch to schedule your new appointment.
- If you have a pre-existing appointment in July or August, we will do our best to leave the appointment as is. However, because of changes to our stylist’s hours, we may have to reschedule. We will be in contact as soon as possible through email and phone to do so.
- If you are a regular guest but did not have a scheduled appointment during the above time(s), we kindly ask for your patience while we honour our commitments to previously booked guests. We would like to encourage you to contact us via email to get on a waitlist for salon appointments if you haven’t already done so. This way you’ll be informed the moment our salon is operational and can schedule your appointment at the earliest available time. All you have to do is email us letting us know you would like an appointment.
- Our team will be working diligently to accommodate the many changes that have occurred.To ensure we can accommodate everyone as quickly as possible, we will be open ( Monday to Saturday) 6 days a week from 9am – 9pm and some of our service providers will be working form our new Academy location. We have an additional 5 technicians ready to perform root touch ups only to help get through the backlog.
PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
THE SAFETY OF OUR TEAM AND GUESTS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY. WHILE WE ALWAYS STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE BEST EXPERIENCE FOR YOU, YOUR VISIT WILL LOOK A LITTLE DIFFERENT.
- Complete the questionnaire and the terms and conditions sent to you via email confirmation prior to your appointment.
- We are kindly asking clients to bring a reusable mask from home if possible as we will have a limited amount of disposable masks available on hand. We would also like to reduce the amount of waste created from disposables.
- There will be no waiting area so please arrive on time for your appointment. If your service provider is not ready to begin, you may be asked to wait in your vehicle. When your service provider is ready to begin, we will call you or a member of the team will come out to notify you
- We ask that your arrive alone for your appointment.
- Please leave coats and extra bags in your car if possible.
- Haircut clients will be asked to arrive with clean, dry hair without any styling products.
- There will be a $6 PPE surcharge on all appointments to ensure everyones safety.
- NO SHOW/CANCELLATION POLICY:
- We kindly request a minimum of 48 hours notice for cancellations/rescheduling of appointments.
- Exceptions will be made for cancellations if you or anyone in your household has:
- Travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days
- Had close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19
- Experienced any of the following symptoms— fever, sore throat, runny nose, or difficulty breathing (that is not related to a pre-existing condition)
- Been legally required to self-isolate in the past 14 days
- Guests who no show and do not attempt to contact the salon will be charged for 100% of their booked service.
- We will confirm you have completed the questionnaire sent to you via email confirmation.
- We will check your temperature with a no-touch thermometer
- Please disinfect your hands upon arrival (there will be hand sanitizer at the front desk and will be available throughout the salon). It is advised to wash hands with water and soap for a minimum of 20 seconds.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- We will not be serving beverages of any kind. Please do not bring food and/or drinks into the salon. Magazines will also be removed to avoid excessive handling.
- Clients will be provided a robe, disposable neck strip or disposable cape. PLEASE NOTE: These may not be as water/colour proof as our usual robes, so be mindful to wear clothes you are OK with getting a bit messy!
- We will not be providing blow-dries at this time. Clients will leave with damp hair, styled only with product.
- If you wish to purchase any haircare product(s), a Salon Coordinator will collect the preferred product(s) and have them ready for the end of your service to avoid frequent handling of items.
KEEPING EVERYONE SAFE
All team members will receive updated health and sanitation training to prevent the spread of the virus. To keep you as safe as possible all team members will :
- be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Service providers will be working at every other station, leaving an empty station in-between clients to maintain a safe distance.
- Wear a face shield at the washbasin and during all face-to-face interactions with clients. We will keep talking to a minimum to reduce the risk of moisture droplets being transmitted in such an intimate setting.
- Wash their hands, before and after every appointment.
- Clean and disinfect all tools with alcohol, before and after every appointment.
- Clean and disinfect their chair and station, before and after every appointment.
- We will have separate, designated washrooms for guests and staff; each will be sanitized after use.
When you’re visiting Onare Salon we want you to feel calm and relaxed which is why we’ll:
- Clean the door handles every time it’s used
- Have sanitizer in easy to reach places for everyone to use
- Clean our salon thoroughly and more frequently
- Make sure we limit the number of people in the salon
- Dispose of hair and other items immediately
- Reduce contact between customers and items in the salon
While this may seem like a lot of rules, our employees will be sure to remind you before your appointment. We want you to have a safe and relaxing experience in our salon. At Onaré Salon we care about our customers and team and want what is best for everyone.